Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Photo story

A man was being forced into a mini van
Pushed into the van
Policemen in plain clothes?
The photos show what happened under my flat about one and a half hours ago. Very loud argument broke out from outside. Out of curiosity, I looked through my window and saw a bunch of people including a woman were wrestling with a man. Those people were shouting, 'Get him in the car! Get him in the car'. The man was shouting, 'Let me go, I don't know you! ...' Apparently, they were trying to force this man into their mini van parked in the middle of the road. I thought it might be a kidnapping and grabbed my camera to take some shots. As the 2nd photo shows the man was overpowered and pushed into the mini van. When they were about to leave, a black car suddenly appeared and blocked the mini van. Several guys in plain clothes came out of the car and shouted, 'Don't move! (别动).' Then, the mini van stopped. At that moment, I thought those guys must be policemen. It seemed someone must have called the police earlier before the incident. The man 'kidnapped' stuck his head out of the window of the mini van and screamed to the policemen, 'I don't know them! I don't know them!' At that moment, my camera ran out of battery and I couldn't take more shots. Those 'kidnappers' began to talk to the policemen and behaved obediently. Anyway, the man was rescued and they moved out of my sight a few minutes later.

Phew! My photos will not be used as evidence by the police!

7 comments:

Ramesh said...

Detective Hang - well done. Didn't all the others on the road react ?

Hang said...

The others on the road seemed puzzled and didn't know what was going on. They didn't react.

Miss Fong said...

that's freaky! i hear about kidnappings in Shenzhen too...

Unknown said...

oh gosh! sounded like a major action movie scene!

scaryyyy!!!

Hang said...

@Miss Fong
@Mochachocolata Rita

Thanks for stopping by. This is a rare 'incident'. It happens once in a blue moon. Beijing is actually very safe.

冰蓝 said...

Sound likes an action movie. Kidnapping is not rare in China nowadays?

Hang said...

Ira, kidnapping is rare! Actually, China is considered a relatively safe travel destination by many travelers from home and abroad.